CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CUSTOMER
Wincor Nixdorf s.r.o. is one of the leading global providers of IT solutions in the field of retail and banking. The company’s portfolio is focused on optimisation of processes leading towards decreasing costs and improving services for the end customer.
AIM OF THE PROJECT AND ITS MERITS
Our task was to prepare the client part of an extensive banking and monitoring application for a unique solution for management of cash intended for retail companies, in particular the petrol station segment.
WHAT DOES OUR CUSTOMER SAY ABOUT COOPERATION WITH US?
“We have been cooperating with MoroSystems as a supplier of software solutions for several years now. The quality of deliveries by MoroSystems to date is testament to great insight on the part of the programmers, knowledge of modern technologies and erudition in design. Apart from the high professional level, another thing we rate highly about the employees of MoroSystems is their exclusive, responsible and very flexible approach to work, including the ability to take the operational and procedural aspects of the given project into consideration while designing and developing a system.
Another step in terms of mutual cooperation is SW solutions for the international projects of Wincor Nixdorf, in which we will be involving MoroSystems to an ever greater extent with a view to the positive experience and tried and tested quality – the solution described is an example of this cooperation.”
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROJECT
The comprehensive solution for Wincor Nixdorf, which we are participating in, provides cash management functionality based on advanced SW and HW technology allowing for fully automated intake and issue of bank notes as well as their secure safekeeping in a safe right at the cash points. The system also allows for subsequent withdrawal of cash with the aid of bank a card. This solution also includes an extensive platform for monitoring all served cash machines – safes.
Our contribution consisted in design and implementation of the client part of this system, i.e. a module which
- communicates via a graphic interface with the cashier,
- manages the connected terminal for authorisation of bank cards,
- manages transactions for withdrawal of cash at the connected bank safe,
- monitors the connected hardware,
- collects all banking operations and monitoring data and sends it to a central server.
This is a very busy system with high demands on reliability. One of the examples of deployment is a retail network with 1,300 branches, whereas the load at one branch is an average of 1,000 transactions per day.
The solution is built on tried and tested Java technologies. The core of the system uses a Spring application framework, the graphic interface is created using SWT and the data layer is built on an iBatis system and on a fast Derby database.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SYSTEM
- General solution for the purpose of use for other customers
Why choose us
- We work on ourselves. Nothing stops us.
- We keep our word. Always and whatever the cost.
- We play together as a team. One for all and all for one.
- Changes are opportunities, not obstacles.
- Trust and loyalty form the basis of a solid relationship.
- We create an environment based on the people.